How to choose
a diaper pail?
New parents have so many new challenges. Unfortunately, the handling of nasty diapers is one of them.
In this article, we show a convenient solution, the diaper pails: what are they, how they work and how to choose one.
First off: what’s the difference between a regular trash can and a diaper pail?
They are trash cans for diapers! Engineers designed diaper pails to throw used disposable diapers in them. Their main feature is that they can seal the unpleasant smells. Usually, it’s achieved through a lid and other protective mechanisms.
What are the factors that are worth considering when choosing a diaper pale?
There are a few, simple parameters that can help you choose your ideal diaper pail.
- Size and capacity
- Lid and lid mechanism
- Anti-smell protection
- Refill rings
1. Size & capacity
Assess your space and your needs. Where do you want to put your diaper pail in your nursery? Is it going to be in the nursery or another room? Where would it fit? How much space will it take up? Usually, they stand on the ground next to the changing tables, but there is a variety of heights. Consider how tall it should be so it’s convenient for you to throw out the trash while holding the baby for example.
How much diaper can it contain at once? How often do you want to change the bags? The answer to those questions will let you know about the capacity that you need in a diaper pail.
2. Lid and lid mechanism
All diaper pails have a lid – that’s how they seal the smells. But there may be other protective mechanisms in place too to make sure that those nasty odors don’t escape. Such as: does it open with a pedal or with a motion sensor?
3. Anti-smell protection
It’s very connected to the lid-problem. Does it actually do the work? Is it able to withhold the smells for real? Does it have the potential to leak in any way?
4. Refill rings
Do you have to use their own refill rings or it works with regular trash bags? How easy it is to change the bags? Is there anything special about the refill rings, does it help with anything?
5. One-hand or hands-free operation
It’s icky to touch the trash can especially when we are trying to get rid of something so nasty as poopy diapers. Most of the diaper pails open with a pedal, but there are diaper pails that are completely hands-free. because they open with a sensor lid and also seal and change the bag themselves.
Which Townew model is a good choice
as a diaper pail?
We showed you the most important factors when choosing a diaper pail.
Now we help you figure out which Townew would meet your needs best.
We have two contenders here because two Townew models operate with a lid: T1 and T3.
The classic: Townew T1
It was the first model introduced from Townew. It knows all the good stuff:
- Touchless opening: you wave in front of the can and it opens (thanks to the motion sensor). It keeps the weird smells inside. Magic!
- Hands-free operation, which means:
- Self-sealing: you push a button, and it seals itself. You can escape do the dirty work.
- Self-changing: yes, after sealing itself it will automatically open up a new bag
- Refill rings: they are untearable! We offer two versions: biodegradable and non-biodegradable refill rings. Each refill ring will give you about 25 liners.
- Capacity: 15.5 liters (equals to 4 gallons), and each filled bag can hold up to 3 kg (6 lbs)
- Size: 42 × 25.6 × 46.1 cm
The spanking new Townew T3! It came out in early 2021, with all the features we love about T1, but improved.
- Touchless opening: same opening mechanism, only it’s 100% faster. It takes less than a second to open.
- Hands-free operation grants hygienic usage.
- Self-sealing: the durable bags are tightly sealed – no odor can escape from there.
- Self-changing: you don’t have to worry about the bottled-up moisture and smell – it takes care of it for you!
- It’s splash & water-resistant, so no worries about wet diapers or accidents
- Capacity: 13 liters (3.4 gallons)
- Size: 364x201x388 mm – it’s designed to fight tighter spaces.
What Parents have to say about Townew?
Britt, a fresh parent from Canada left this review for us:
“This is great makes life so easy!!! the fact you don’t need it tie the bag and it quick and easy,
I use it for my daughters room for her diapers and works way better then a diaper genie.”